Diller Teen Fellows is a premier leadership development program for Jewish 10th and 11th graders in Greater MetroWest NJ. The yearlong fellowship invites a select group of 20 teens to explore their Jewish identity and develop leadership skills towards social action and community involvement.
Diller Teen Fellows will develop their leadership skills, explore their Jewish identity, connect with Israel through a peer partnership, and create a social action project of their choosing.
The Diller Teen Fellows program is generously sponsored by the Helen Diller Family Foundation and Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ.
Applications are now CLOSED! We are in the process of selecting our next cohort. Applications will be open again next spring. Questions? Contact Max Kasler (He/Him), Diller Teen Fellows Program Coordinator, at email@example.com
Interested in learning more about Diller before you apply? Weren’t able to make it to the Virtual Open House? Please contact Max Kasler for a recording of the info session.”
Throughout the 12-month program (September – September), the Diller Teen Fellows cohort participates in educational workshops, weekend retreats, and extended educational seminars, and creates and implements social service projects.
- Monthly workshops exploring our Six Core Experiences: Leadership, Jewish Identity, Pluralism, Israel, Jewish Peoplehood, and tikkun olam (repairing the world)
- Shabbatonim – Three weekend retreats spent exploring Jewish identity and bonding as a group
- Meeting and working with the Israeli partners during two inspiring seminars:
- Jewish Communities Mifgash – Ten-day experience hosting a Rishon LeZion fellow in the spring
- Israel Summer Seminar – Three-week experience in Israel including traveling, volunteering, and exploring Israel with the Diller Teens Fellows from Rishon LeZion and the other international Diller groups during the summer
- Personal, hands-on community service projects
The Diller Teen Fellows Program offers each participant the opportunity to transform into a well- rounded and informed young leader and Jew. Our teens experience a journey unparalleled to participation in the typical Jewish youth movement.
- Fellows are chosen based on their leadership aptitude, commitment to Jewish learning, passion for serving their community, and interest in exploring their connection to Israel.
- Applicants must live in Greater MetroWest New Jersey
- Applicants must be in 10thor 11th grade in September of the cohort year (currently in 9th or 10th grade)
- Applicants must submit TWO references along with their completed application with at least one reference from a school official or teacher.
- Applicant must participate in an individual and group interview as part of the screening process
- The Diller program requires a significant time commitment from fellows and their families. To better understand the time commitment, download a sample calendar.
Program Cost and Scholarship Opportunities
Thanks to a $10,000 subsidy from the Helen Diller Family Foundation and the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ, the program tuition per fellow is $4,000 total, which includes a non-refundable $500 deposit. Grants and Need-based Financial aid are available.
To learn more about the international Diller Teen Fellows organization and see what other Diller communities are up to, visit the International Diller Teen Fellows website.
Diller Teen Fellows Program Coordinator