Community > Get Involved > Volunteering

Making a Meaningful Impact

Center for Volunteerism

Join Our Mailing List

The Center for Volunteerism provides a variety of service opportunities to care for those in need, strengthen our Jewish community and make a difference in the lives of others.

Summer Volunteer Opportunities

Join us out­side in the fresh air this sum­mer to help those in need! In-per­son vol­un­teer op­por­tu­ni­ties for all ages are avail­able on var­i­ous dates and at var­i­ous locations through­out July.

Learn More and Register

Stay tuned for information on our next Mitzvah of the Moment!

Later this summer we will revisit and old favorite — making back-to-school backpacks filled with essential school supplies for area children in need. This is the perfect family volunteer project that you can do right in your own home!

Our most recent Mitzvah of the Moment: Volunteers packed duffle bags for recipients of Federation need-based scholarships to attend Jewish overnight camp for the first time this summer.

If we all do a little,
People engaged in meaningful Center for Volunteerism service projects last year.
a lot will be done.
From the OP-Fed Blog

We’re Helping Feed NJ Families in Need

Tanya Simon|June 17
For the past six weeks, my husband and I have been volunteering once or twice a week with IsraAID, an Israel based international non-governmental...