News & Events > Civil Rights Journey
Civil Rights Journey
Sunday, October 29 - Wednesday, November 1
The history of our country’s Civil Rights journey in the South remains as important today as ever before. Join us for a unique and meaningful mission through Georgia and Alabama exploring Jewish involvement and pivotal moments of the Civil Rights struggle in America.
Cost: $2,200 per person, land-only, based on double occupancy, $350 single supplement
Highlights will include*:
- Tour the National Center for Civil & Human Rights
- Visit the Martin Luther King Center
- Reflect at the Equal Justice Initiative’s Memorial to Peace & Justice and tour their Legacy Museum
- Walk on the Edmund Pettus Bridge with a participant from the March on Selma
- Meet with leaders and historians from the local Jewish community who were there and who have made the South their home
*Itinerary in formation and subject to change
Space is limited!
This mission welcomes individuals and households making a minimum gift of $1,800 to the 2024 UJA Annual Campaign.
Marcia & Craig Grosswald and Genesia & Steve Kamen
For more information contact:
email@example.com | (973) 929-3046
Senior Major Gifts Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org | (973)929-2986