Thank you for registering to make Activity Kits for children in Elizabeth, NJ who were displaced from their homes due to damage from Hurricane Ida.
Please pack the items in a new or gently used draw-string bag and label the bags with age ranges, 5-8 or 9-12. Here are some suggested items to include in your kits:
- Coloring books
- Play Dough
- Colored pencils
- Pads of paper
- Coloring books (all ages)
- Crosswords for kids
- Small puzzles
- Simple crafts that are individually packaged for each child
- Washable glue
- Child safety scissors
- Sidewalk chalk
- Fidget toys and/or Pop Its
Once you have completed the activity kits, take a photo and send to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share on social media. Bags can be dropped off Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at The Elizabeth Coalition to House the Homeless, 812 Rebecca Place, Elizabeth. (Please note that it is a narrow driveway.)
- You may be approached by a volunteer when you pull into the parking lot. Let them know that you are delivering your donation to Sheila at the Elizabeth Coalition.
- The Coalition is located in the church building that you can access from the parking lot. Press the intercom to reach someone who can open the door.
Questions? Contact Stacey Brown at email@example.com