Nothing builds the excitement for heading back to school like having a backpack full of brand-new supplies! Here’s an opportunity for your family to ensure that area children in need can have that same experience – and start the new school year off right.
Here’s how it works:
1. Fill a new or gently used drawstring bag with the following:
- 1 new box of pencils
- 1 new box of crayons
- 1 new box of markers
- 1 new package of wide-rule loose-leaf paper
- 1 new child-sized cloth face mask
- 1 new travel-sized container of hand sanitizer
- Feel free to include any of the following extras: wide-rule notebooks, highlighters, glue sticks, index cards, plastic pocket folders, colored pencils, etc.
Completed packages should cost approximately $20 each and should include an uplifting and motivating back-to-school greeting card.
2. Take a photo of your family making or delivering packages and post it to the NextDor Facebook page with the hashtags #back-to-school and #IamGMW.
3. Drop off your completed packages from August 16-23 at a location convenient to you. Drop-off locations will be in Westfield, Hillside, Livingston, Short Hills, Randolph, and Montclair. Specific drop-off addresses will be provided upon registration.
School-supply packages will be distributed via local food pantries throughout Greater MetroWest by the hosts collecting the supplies.
Center for Volunteerism Chair: Terri Friedman
NextDor Chairs: Jason Black, Alex Feinstein, Benjamin Lehroff, and Brett Tanzman
Questions? Contact Lindsay Norman at email@example.comRegister