Federation offers a variety of ways to help you broaden your involvement in your Greater MetroWest Jewish community. Whether you want to learn more about the important work Federation and our partner agencies accomplish and how you can help or you’re ready to embrace your role as a community leader, there’s a program to meet your needs.
The multi-session programs (morning program is offered to women only and evening program is open to anyone) covers topics such as Jewish mutual responsibility, Israel and overseas partners, and the allocations process, and includes a mini-mission to local agencies. It is an outstanding opportunity to connect with others who share a passion for the Jewish community and to learn how to take advantage of the many opportunities for involvement in the work of our Jewish Federation. Meetings are held throughout the Greater MetroWest community.
First-year Program highlights include:
• Participate in monthly meaningful learning sessions.
• Travel to Israel in the winter to explore the Israeli Jewish experience, particularly as it relates to our partnership communities of Ofakim/Merchavim, Arad, and Kibbutz Erez.
• Host your new Israeli friends in your home during their visit to our community in the spring, where you will help them discover the American Jewish experience in Greater MetroWest NJ.
Second-year program highlights include:
• Travel together with Israeli counterparts to a Jewish community abroad, to meet and build connections, strengthening the Jewish people.
• Explore leadership opportunities in Greater MetroWest.
Wexner is Federation’s premier leadership development program for a select group of outstanding men and women who have displayed the ability to shape and transmit a vision of Jewish life and communal responsibility. Through a series of shared experiences, intensive study of Jewish history and thought, travel, study, and reflection, participants will gain deeper connections and commitment to Greater MetroWest and the Jewish community.
The Jerry Waldor Institute-Wexner Heritage Program brings together 20 leaders from our community with a distinguished faculty of professors, rabbis, professionals, and civic leaders, and peer leaders from a broad range of other community institutions. Upon completion of the program, participants will be offered opportunities to move into high-level leadership positions within Federation and its network of agencies.
Local Jewish communal leaders must be nominated by leadership in their institutions to begin the rigorous process of nomination, written application, and personal interviews. Candidates should be ages 30-45, with personal, professional, and communal lives that reflect a history of leadership and commitment to the Jewish people.
Director of Leadership Planning and Placement
Phone: (973) 929-3027
Several evening classes for mission participants and the community at large will help you keep the connections and emotions from the commUNITY Mission alive. You’ll learn interesting things about our local Jewish community as well as how you can get involved and make an impact, all in a low-commitment setting. A combination of lay and professional leaders will facilitate the sessions. Attend as many sessions as you like!
Click below to register
• We Save: Securing our Jewish Institutions Wednesday, January 23
Mount Freedom Jewish Center,
1209 Sussex Turnpike, Randolph
• We Care: Ensuring an Inclusive Jewish Community Wednesday, February 20