Composed of 15 communities with a population of more than 9,000, Gush Etzion is the region south of Jerusalem and Bethlehem and north of Hebron, adjacent to the city of Efrat with a rich, Jewish and Zionist history. Residents of the region continue to be a major target of attacks, and Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ's connection has focused on security needs:
- Purchase of two armored vehicles, one designed to carry disabled individuals through a generous donation from a MetroWest community family. These provide safe travel on roads often under sniper fire.
- Projects focused on the security needs of outlying communities, particularly on the needs of children, are being supported. This project was spearheaded with a special contribution from the Congregation Ahawas Achim B'nai Jacob & David, West Orange.
- Supplying of emergency equipment for the emergency squad team from the different settlements.
- Renovation and protection of a kindergarten building and day care center.
- Lighting devices and fencing equipment for the different communities in the region.