COVID Policy and Protocols
Our first responsibility as an organization is the safety of our employees and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards. As such, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of you, your fellow employees, and our families from risk of certain infectious diseases particularly COVID19, that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy was developed in accordance with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
As we work to determine the appropriate opening date to safely return to the office and resume having in person conversations, we want to ensure everyone is safe. Therefore, to return to the office, all employees are required to present written evidence that they received an FDA-approved vaccination against COVID-19 unless an employee has a legitimate justification for not being vaccinated and is granted an exception. Anyone not able to present proof of vaccination by the reopening date may not enter the building and must notify Bonnie and request an exception. Whether to grant an exception and what type of exception, will be determined based on the specific circumstances of each non- vaccinated
With this in mind, and until further notice, no visitors will be allowed in the Federation building, and when they are allowed, they too must show written evidence that they received an FDA-approved vaccination against COVID-19.
Please direct any questions regarding this policy to Bonnie or Dov.
Upload proof of vaccination / booster here.
As of March 1, 2023:
- Instead of quarantining if you are exposed to COVID-19, wear a high-quality mask, and get tested on day 5.
- You should isolate if you are sick and suspect that you have COVID-19 but do not have test results.
- If you test positive stay home for at least 5 days and quarantine from others, day 1 is the first full day after the day your symptoms started.
- If you don’t have symptoms after 5 days, you can return to the office if you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication.
- Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation.
- If your symptoms are not improving, continue staying home until you are fever- free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Regardless of when you end isolation (staying home), you should wear a high-quality mask when in the office through day 10.
Entrances, Guests, and Deliveries
The atrium doors between the Gym and the rest of the building will be locked when meetings are not scheduled.
Staff ID cards will unlock the card reader at the door for entry to Federation space. You can always exit through the doors but will need the card to re-enter.
Guests, Visitors, and Deliveries
Guests or visitors that use that entrance should call the front desk on the intercom and the door will be unlocked from the front desk. The security guard will be able to see the person through a camera and will question the visitor.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTIFY Campus Management of all meetings and $Whippany Guest Notification of all expected visitors. This will provide both the security guard and the guard booth with the names of those expected.
Guest passes will be provided to visitors at the front desk.
Early Departures, Absences & Lateness
An employee may need to leave the office in advance of the normal closing time or before a scheduled early closing time. In fairness to all employees, if you require leaving before the official closing time, this time will be considered time to be made up or deducted from available vacation days. If the time is to be deducted from available vacation days, please complete a Request for Leave form in Paycom.
When the Federation is open, it is expected employees will be in attendance. If an employee is unable to come to work due to inclement weather, illness, or is delayed arriving to work, the employee will be required to use a vacation day, or sick day if the absence is due to illness, or to make up the lost time. If an individual requires special arrangements to work from home, his/her supervisor needs to authorize approval.
When the agency closes early, either for holidays or inclement weather, and the employee is not present, a full vacation day or full sick day will be deducted from the employee’s accrued vacation/sick time.
It is imperative that a Request for Leave form be completed in Paycom by all employees for all absences (vacation and sick leave).
The building’s continued safety is a priority. Please adhere to the guidelines below.
- Absolutely NO personal packages may be sent to you here at work.
- When you place an order for anything work related, please notify the mailroom in writing and provide the following information:
- Anticipated shipping/arrival date
If you are planning a meeting, discussion group, class, etc., which requires a set-up in one of the Campus meeting rooms, the follows steps are recommended to assure that plans run smoothly:
- Submit a room reservation form as early as possible. This will assure a better chance of getting the space you need.
- If the reservation is for a series of dates, e.g. a class that meets weekly, a separate reservation form is needed for each date. Due to the large volume of reservations received we are unable to make additional copies of a single reservation.
Please note: Incomplete forms (e.g. “set-up to follow”) will be returned to you.
- Check to make sure you have received a confirmation of your space request. If you do not receive confirmation in a few days, please check with Sari at Ext. 3004. It may have been lost or misplaced. Don’t wait until the last minute to find out that your space requirement was never entered.
- On the day of the function, check the Daily Schedule as early as possible to make sure your event is listed. If there is no listing, check with Sari to find out if there is a mix-up in dates or if it was just accidentally left off the schedule. You can then work with staff to find space if there is a conflict.
- Presuming that your event is on the schedule, one-half hour before the function, check to make sure all is in readiness. If there is a problem, call Sari Kirschner, Ext. 3004, Facilities Administrator, or have the maintenance staff paged at Ext. 3167, to remedy the situation.
- Please refrain from posting announcements on any surface other than the kiosks designated for this purpose (on the side titled “Campus Events”). We want visitors to the Campus to realize that room announcements are available at the kiosks via the Daily Schedule. At no time is it acceptable to use scotch tape on any surface on the Campus. Masking tape is an acceptable alternative. Of course, if you have a special announcement that you want to give some prominence, please use an easel.
With the above steps followed, all should be in readiness for your function.
To book space on the 2nd floor, use the MRM booking system. For space in the large Board Room on the 1st floor, the Conference Center, or The GREAT Room, complete a Campus Room Reservation form.
Employees can park in lots A, B & C. Lot B is exclusively for Employee parking.
Your car will need an access device to lift the gate for Lot B. The device should be placed on the upper passenger side of your windshield, bar code facing the interior of the vehicle. Make sure you peel off the paper to expose the adhesive on the back of the card where indicated. If you peel the front and damage the bar code or microchip the device will not work. The gate will lift for one vehicle at a time. When you exit the lot at least one of the vehicle tires should go over the yellow bar.
Please make sure you alert meeting participants and other visitors to the campus to use Lot A or C. When major events are scheduled on the campus the liftgate arm will be open in Lot B.
All employees need a RED parking sticker to park anywhere on campus. You will receive this on your first day of work. The sticker should be placed on the upper left side of the windshield, the driver’s side, below the darkened glass of your windshield.
When having a large event in the Conference Center, please let Security know the subject of the event along with who is sponsoring it. It helps to have a representative from the sponsoring department at the glass door to guide guests to the event location.
If an employee’s vehicle is to be left overnight, they should email John Bartolotta at $WhippanyGuestNotification with the following information; Make, Model, Color, and License number. Your vehicle must be parked in Lot A, near the entrance security booth so we can have a camera on it.
When expecting a visitor(s) or hosting an event upstairs in one of the conference rooms, an email must be sent to $WhippanyGuestNotification with the names of the guest(s) and where they are to go. Do not call the Security desk and tell the Officer the names. If food is being delivered either personally and or for an event, an email to security is requested.
When going out or entering the front doors, please DO NOT hold the door open to talk to someone at length. Also, do not hold the door open for someone whom you do not know who is trying to come in. Please let security do their job and vet them before they enter the building.
Click here for our Emergency Procedures Guide
Click here for the Department of Homeland Security Bomb Threat Checklist
There is no smoking inside the building or out front. The loading dock is off limits.
Forms can be digitally signed and emailed to Melissa Lezama at email@example.com or printed out, signed, and delivered via USPS or in-person to the HR mailbox at her desk on the 2nd floor.
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy Acknowledgment
- Employee Handbook Acknowledgment
- NJ Gender Equality Policy and Acknowledgment
- NJ Whistleblower Acknowledgment
- Sunshine Fund Application (optional)
The Employee Handbook
The policies, practices, and procedures published by Federation as contained in the Employee Handbook are not in any way to be interpreted as an employee contract between Federation and any of our employees.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.