News & Events > Winter Items Collection
Winter Items Collection
Monday, January 16 - Sunday, January 22
As the temperatures plunge, many local community members need your help to stay warm. Join the Center for Volunteerism’s Mitzvah of the Moment Winter Items Collection Drive to donate much-needed items the week of January 16. Donations will be distributed to individuals via local food pantries throughout Greater MetroWest.
There are two ways to participate:
- Donate new or gently used winter gear — adult & child-sized hats, scarves, gloves, and socks (we are not accepting COATS)
- Assemble and donate cold-weather kits — gallon-sized resealable bags filled with the following new and unused items (cost is approximately $10 per kit):
- 1 stick or pot of lip balm
- 1 travel pack of tissues
- 2 teabags
- 2 packets of hot chocolate
- 2 disposable handwarmers
Registration is now closed. Questions? Contact Mitzvah@jfedgmw.org.
Be among the first to learn about future events and programs like this — click below to let us know what piques your interest and we’ll keep you posted on what’s most important to you.
Here’s how it works:
- Select a drop-off location convenient to you. Drop-off locations will be available in Livingston, Randolph, Short Hills, South Orange, Summit, and Westfield between Monday, January 16 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) and Sunday, January 22. Registrants will receive the street address for their selected location closer to the drop-off time period via email.
- Let us know how you would like to participate. Whether you donate new or gently used winter gear like hats, gloves, scarves, and socks or are interested in a fun family project assembling cold-weather kits, this is a great opportunity to do something meaningful with your family on Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
- Share a photo of your family making or delivering packages! Snap a few pictures and post to the Center for Volunteerism Facebook page with the hashtags #mitzvahofthemoment and #IamGMW. Follow us
Questions? Contact Lindsay Norman at LNorman@jfedgmw.org
Elana Wilf Tanzman, Center for Volunteerism Chair
Zev Scherl, Jewish Community Relations Council Chair