Jewish tradition teaches us that we are required to feed the hungry. Thanksgiving is a perfect time to put our values into action and provide for those who are in need. Register now to assemble a Thanksgiving food package that will be distributed through a local food pantry.
Here’s how it works:
1. Fill a reusable grocery bag with the following items:
- 2 boxes stuffing
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 1 two-pound bag of rice
- 1 can of corn
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 packet of powdered gravy
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 large can (40 oz) of yams or sweet potatoes. Each bag should contain ALL of the items listed above, at an estimated cost of $20-$25
2. Drop off your completed packages between Wednesday, November 16 and Friday, November 18 at a location convenient to you.
Drop-off locations will be in the following areas:
- Westfield/Scotch Plains
- Millburn/Short Hills
- South Orange/Maplewood
Specific drop-off addresses and instructions will be shared upon registration.
3. Spread the word! Take a photo of your packages or your family shopping for and delivering your packages and post it to the Center for Volunteerism Facebook page with the hashtags #IamGMWREGISTER NOW