JESPY House is a nonprofit organization that enables adults with learning and developmental disabilities to achieve their full potential and lead independent lives. Our philosophy promotes choice, self-direction and independent community living for our clients.
Established in 1978, JESPY provides an environment where people with disabilities live and work together. We practice the true meaning of community inclusion. Our clients live, work and build their community in South Orange, New Jersey.
Today the agency provides services and supports to meet the physical, mental, and emotional needs of 250 clients, men and women ages 18-70+. These programs include:
- multi-tiered housing options for different levels of independence
- work readiness, job training and employment support
- structured day program activities for those not working or volunteering full-time
- clinical referrals and behavioral health therapies
- support with meal planning, cooking, personal hygiene and budget management
- a wide range of cultural arts experiences, recreation activities and athletics programs including Special Olympics.