Established in 1978, JESPY House strives to enable adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their full potential and to lead independent lives. Our philosophy promotes individual choice, self-direction, and community living.
We serve 250 adults who range in age between 18 and 71. While based in South Orange, NJ, JESPY clients come from all over the state and well beyond, seeking the opportunity to build lives of their own choosing in a community they can call their own. Our wide array of programs and services include the following:
- Clinical and Behavioral Support counseling services that help clients resolve or adjust to new challenges.
- Case management and daily living skills to provide continual support and foster personal development.
- A Day Program that offers targeted programming for clients in three distinct groups/areas: Transitions, Life Skills, and Aging in Place.
- Robust training and employment program that enables clients to work part-time, full-time, or on a volunteer basis.
- Athletics and fitness program that highlights strength training/endurance exercises, and participation in over ten sports and Special Olympics sporting events.
- Educational programs; social skills groups; hands-on activities, community outings; and sessions geared to meet the specific needs of all clients.
- An expansive Social Wellness and Expressive Arts (SWEA) Program focused on culture and the arts which allows clients to discover their talents, develop new skills, build self-confidence, and engage with each other and the broader community.
- JESPY-on-the-Go: an in-home Supports Program that provides tailored growth opportunities for individuals living in the community and/or at home with their families.