This synagogue has two locations:
- 15 Oak Street, Franklin, NJ 07438
- 13 Washington Street, Newton, NJ 07860
Approximate Number of Member Families:
Early Childhood Center:
Building and worship space is physically accessible:
Accommodations for hearing/visual disabilities:
Grades Pre K - 8
About this Synagogue:
B’nai Shalom of Sussex County is a traditional yet progressive community with roots in the Reform and Conservative movements. We are dedicated to:
- Joyful prayer that seeks to involve everyone, no matter what their background or experience, helping to make prayer more meaningful to all.
- Hebrew School studies through our outstanding Hebrew School Staff. Starting in the Aleph Class, our children learn about our history, traditions and how to read Hebrew while preparing them for B’nai Mitzvah.
- A strong commitment to our surrounding community.
- A welcoming atmosphere, communal spirit and fun. We welcome everyone to get involved in our friendly community.
The best way to get a real sense of B'nai Shalom is to visit. Please join us for any service, event, class, or holiday observance to experience the joys of a lively and committed Jewish community. Our doors are always open.
Bit of Torah Videos:
Bit of Torah is a weekly Shabbat message from a Greater MetroWest Jewish community leader.
View video(s) from this synagogue’s clergy: