This synagogue has two locations:
- 15 Oak Street, Franklin, NJ 07438
- 13 Washington Street, Newton, NJ 07860
B’nai Shalom of Sussex County is a traditional yet progressive community affiliated with both Conservative and Reform movements of Judaism. We are dedicated to:
- Joyful prayer that seeks to involve everyone, no matter what their background or experience, helping to make prayer more meaningful to all.
- Hebrew School studies through our outstanding Hebrew School Staff. Starting in the Aleph Class, our children learn about our history, traditions and how to read Hebrew while preparing them for B’nei Mitzvah.
- A strong commitment to our surrounding community.
- A welcoming atmosphere, communal spirit and fun. We welcome everyone to get involved in our friendly community.
- The best way to get a real sense of B'nai Shalom is to visit. Please join us for any service, event, class, or holiday observance to experience the joys of a lively and committed Jewish community. Our doors are always open.
This synagogue participates in the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest's High Holiday Ticket MetroPass Program.
Denominational Affiliation: Conservative and Reform
Approximate Number of Member Families: 50
Babysitting (ages 0-4)? No
Babysitting fee? N/A
Junior Congregation (ages 5-13)? No
Teen Program? No
Family Service? Yes
Physically Accessible Worship Space? Yes
On-site Parking? Yes
Accommodations for People with Hearing Impairments? No
Accommodations for People with Visual Disabilities? No
Description of High Holiday Services: Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur Services