SMALL CARRY-ON BAG FOR EACH PERSON
Please note: Everyone will need to pre-pack a small overnight bag for our first night and next day in the North. Those arriving on designated flights will not have time to take anything out of your larger suitcase after arriving at the airport. And, if you want to change into weather appropriate clothes after your flight, please include that change of clothes in your carry-on bag as well. There will be an opportunity to change your clothes at our Welcome Meet Up. All large luggage will be brought to Tel Aviv and will be waiting at your Tel Aviv hotel the following evening.
- Nosh/gum/hard candy
- One change of clothing
- Reading material
- Small water bottle (must be empty until after security)
- No tweezers or sharp instruments
Please check with airline regulations regarding carry-ons prior to flight.
TO BE CARRIED WITH YOU DURING TRAVEL (in carry-on or purse)
- Boarding pass
- Credit card/bank card
- Driver’s license
- Prescription medication
- Change of clothing
Note: Photocopy the inside photo/signature page of your passport, which includes your passport number. Keep it in your suitcase.
Medicines and other medical supplies should be carefully labeled and stored with your carry-on luggage. We suggest you bring a second pair of prescription eyeglasses/contact lenses. Bring all prescriptions with you in case you need a refill for any reason.
BASIC TRAVEL WARDROBE
- T-shirts/tank tops/blouses/short-sleeved button downs
- Sweater, light jacket, or shawl (evenings in Jerusalem are cooler)
- Walking shoes or sneakers
- Hat for the sun
- Bathing suit
- A white or off-white shirt/top or dress for our community Shabbat event
- Head covering (for religious sites)
Reminder: For those who have a Lion of Judah pin and/or a Centennial lapel pin, remember to pack and wear them proudly during the Centennial Mission.
Anticipate your needs. Some items are much more costly abroad.
- Adhesive bandages
- Aspirin/Headache and pain-relievers
- Sanitary needs
- Diarrhea medication and antacids
- Eye drops
- Motion sickness medication
- Cold capsules
- First-aid cream
- Extra pair eyeglasses/Contact lenses
Note: All medications should be kept in a carry-on bag. Do not check through with other luggage.
- Shampoo/conditioner (personal preference, as hotel will also provide)
- Pre-moistened towelettes
- Talcum powder
- Toothbrush/toothpaste/dental floss
- Cotton swabs
- Clothes-washing liquid
- Sewing kit
- Safety pins
- 220 Electrical converter (as needed)
- Camera/memory card/batteries
- Folding bag or nylon duffel bag (for overnight stay or to use for additional gifts and purchases)
Note: Batteries abroad are usually expensive. Bring plenty!