Centennial Mission participants are required to make their own flight arrangements. Please see below for the designated flights for this mission (El Al and United Airlines) with departures to Israel from Newark Airport on Sunday July 2, 2023 and return flights from Israel to Newark Airport on Sunday, July 9 / Monday July 10, 2023 (landing on Monday morning July 10, 2023).
Individuals on a designated departure flight will be picked up at Ben Gurion Airport to start the mission. Individuals on a designated return flight will be driven to Ben Gurion Airport at the conclusion of the mission.*
There will also be designated return flights for those who opt to take the post mission extension to either Petra, Jordan or Beresheet Hotel, Ramon Crater. Additional information will be provided during Phase Two of registration.
Designated OUTBOUND Departure Flight Options (2 flights that day)
|EL AL #28||Newark — Tel Aviv||2 JULY — 1:30 p.m.||6:55 a.m. — 3 JULY|
|UA #84||Newark — Tel Aviv||2 JULY — 4:20 p.m.||9:55 a.m. — 3 JULY|
Designated INBOUND Return Flight Options (3 flights that evening)
|UA #91||Tel Aviv — Newark||9 JULY — 11:25 p.m.||4:15 a.m. — 10 JULY|
|EL AL #27||Tel Aviv — Newark||10 JULY — 12:30 a.m.||5:15 a.m. — 10 JULY|
|EL AL #25||Tel Aviv — Newark||10 JULY — 1:00 a.m.||5:45 a.m. — 10 JULY|
*Our Missions Department will gladly assist in coordinating transfers and/or additional hotel rooms (additional cost) for those not traveling on designated flights. More information to come during Phase Two of registration coming this fall. Please contact Heidi Kuperman, Missions Director, at (973) 929-3046 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Join us for these important events to learn more about what to expect on this once-in-a-century experience and to have an opportunity to start bonding with other participants! As we confirm details and locations, we will continue to update the information below with convenient links you can use to add these dates to your calendar of choice.
- Centennial Mission Participant Orientation — Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 7:30 p.m., Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy in Livingston, add to your calendar
- Individual Bus Gatherings — April / May / June 2023
- Centennial Mission Pep Rally — Thursday, June 1, 2023, 7:00 p.m., Aidekman Jewish Community Campus in Whippany, add to your calendar
- Centennial Mission!!! — July 2-10, 2023
- Centennial Mission Extensions — July 9-13, 2023
Learn more and sign up now for an amazing experience at the Beresheet Hotel, Mitzpe Ramon/Ramon Crater
During registration, you will have an opportunity to share trip preferences, including with whom you would like to travel. When completing your registration form, you will be able to select up to two institutions (synagogue, school, JCC) and up to three individuals (which may, but need not, include a bus captain). We will use this information to fill buses by institution and to create groups based on relationships, shared preferences, and key demographics.
This process proved effective for the 2018 commUNITY Mission and we have every confidence that it will serve us well in 2023!
There is a $500 deposit required to reserve your place on the Centennial Mission.
- $100 is non-refundable.
- $400 is refundable if you cancel before October 19, 2022.
- 50% of your total balance is due December 1, 2022 and is non-refundable: This money does not benefit Federation. It goes to cover significant non-refundable costs that Federation pays on your behalf.
- 100% of your balance is due March 31, 2023. No refunds can be made after March 31, 2023.
It is highly recommended that you buy travel insurance in case you need to cancel your participation. We strongly recommend that you buy travel/medical insurance that covers all unforeseen costs such as cancellation prior to departure, cancellation of flights, cancellation of land package, and expenses for possible quarantine in Israel.
These are some options for travel insurance providers. Inclusion on this list should not be construed as an endorsement by Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest. Please feel free to purchase insurance from any travel insurance provider.
- CovacGlobal: www.covacglobal.com 561-418-3435
- Travel Insure: www.travelinsure.com 1-800-937-1387
- Allianz Travel Insurance: www.allianztravelinsurance.com 1-866-672-9580
- Insure My Trip: www.insuremytrip.com 1-800-487-4722
- Travelex Insurance: www.travelexinsurance.com 1-800-228-9792
- Travel Guard: www.travelguard.com 1-855-222-4476