WP Development Officer
Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ
Job Title: Development Officer
Department: Women’s Philanthropy
Reports to: Director of Women’s Philanthropy
The Development Officer is a key member of the Women’s Philanthropy Department and a part of the larger Campaign Department. The position will secure philanthropic gifts for the UJA campaign for both annual, supplemental and endowment giving purposes. Establishing the programs necessary to promote growth within the campaign will be a particular focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Director of Women’s Philanthropy to initiate fundraising plans for targeted donors’ annual giving, supplemental giving and planned giving (Bequests and Endowments as we focus on the future and the celebration of our Centennial) through donor identification, cultivation and solicitation.
- Forge new relationships with donors, strengthen current relationships and solicit gifts.
- Work with Director of Women’s Philanthropy and leadership to enhance programs designed to secure both short- and long-range gift fundraising objectives.
- Identify women who are capable of increased gift commitments, with a particular focus on women giving $1,800- 4,999, new and increased gifts.
- Work closely with the Director of Women’s Philanthropy and NextDor (next generation) professionals to develop the pipeline of younger women donors and leaders within Greater MetroWest.
- Develop individually tailored face-to-face, one-on-one cultivation and solicitation meetings, and work with appropriate lay leaders to strategize and manage their cultivation and solicitation of targeted donors.
- Conduct, in consultation with Women’s Philanthropy leadership and Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ Impact Department, campaigns to highlight and advance Women’s Philanthropy in the community, such as regular postings on, and management of, the WP Facebook Page.
- Maintain existing fundraising recordkeeping procedures in order to identify potential donors, track existing donors and acknowledge, record, and report all gifts.
- Attend meetings, events and conferences within Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ and at outside agencies/organizations as deemed appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Federation and the Jewish Community Foundation to promote planned giving opportunities and facilitate the creation of planned gifts as appropriate, such as Lion of Judah Endowments.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Women’s Philanthropy.
- Five+ years of proven success in cultivation and solicitation in a not-for-profit environment, especially with the growth of individual gifts.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with fundraising staff, volunteer leaders and volunteer cultivators/solicitors.
- Understanding of or experience in the Federation system would be useful but is not essential.
- Knowledge of the Greater MetroWest community and the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ mission is a plus.
- Effective interactions with all levels/types of volunteers, donors and staff
- Personable, energetic, self-starting nature
- Successful with frontline, face-to-face fundraising/soliciting
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in an environment that will use Zoom and other communications technology
- Good organization, technology, and computer skills
- Willingness to work early morning or evening meetings/programs (some Sunday’s)
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: Women’s Philanthropy
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover to email@example.com. Reference: Women’s’ Philanthropy