Refugee Case Manager
JVS is seeking a full-time Refugee Services Case Manager in our East Orange location. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Education and Literacy, this position is responsible for providing case management and job development to clients individually and in groups. The grant funded position.
What we are looking for
Candidates should have knowledge of immigration and refugee policies and procedures. Candidates should understand that the most important part of the program is to be client centric. We are looking for someone that has knowledge of local community, including job market and social service structure. Strong verbal, writing and computer skills. Good with required paperwork and attention to detail. Must be fluent in Ukrainian and/or Russian.
• Provide case management for approximately 80-100 refugees annually
• Provide eligibility screening, detailed intake and orientation, and financial self-sufficiency assessments for clients
• Maintain client files and refugee database; keep client case notes up to date on agency case management systems.
• Submit monthly client service reports
• Work with grant funder and county welfare to coordinate services and referrals
• Work directly with clients to address issues related to self-sufficiency; research local resources and provide information and referrals to clients
• Assist clients with forms as needed
• Prepare and submit online applications for SNAP, TANF, and Medicaid.
• Promote JVS services for refugees and immigrants in the local community.
• Performs other duties consistent with program needs and not calling for materially different skills.
• Knowledge of immigration and refugee policies and procedures
• Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
• Fluent in Ukrainian and/or Russian.
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Intermediate Word and Excel skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and takes initiative
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Ability to be flexible as immediate priorities shift
• Professional attitude and work habits
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years’ experience working with refugees and immigrants
Knowledge of Essex County, especially social service resources
Social work background a plus
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com