We are seeking a dynamic, innovative, hands-on director who will continue to build upon our
successful school’s reputation.
MJCBY is a fully egalitarian, inclusive congregation and the mission of the Shalom Yeladim Judy
Gerstein Early Learning Center is to provide a quality preschool education in a nurturing and
loving environment where children can develop a positive self-image and a love of learning.
● Knowledge of and ability to implement New Jersey standards for licensed child care
● Has knowledge of all reporting systems and state licensing requirements;
● Ensure compliance with all licensing regulations and documentation, including but not
limited to, staff qualifications, teacher/child ratios and health/safety requirements
(including emergency preparedness).
● Coordinating and managing classroom space usage, regulatory requirements,
accreditation, and certifications.
● Manage the day-to-day activities in the preschool, support classrooms, nurture
children’s curiosity, and inspire children to become compassionate citizens;
● Increase enrollment by developing innovative marketing, programs and curriculum that
appeal to the surrounding communities
● Supervise social media communication and content on our website,
Facebook, etc. as well as other modes of marketing and promotion.
● Responsible for hiring, managing, supporting and maintaining retention of teachers and
administrative staff for both the preschool and eight week summer camp program
● Proven ability to lead professional development efforts and support educators within a
teaching and learning environment;
● Dynamic leadership, motivated to inspire and be inclusive;
● Demonstrate respect, openness, understanding, and commitment to children with
diverse backgrounds, interests, and abilities;
● Plan and organize daily and yearly curriculum and calendars
● Review teacher lesson plans to ensure that daily experiences are developmentally
appropriate and encompass all skill areas, following best practices in early childhood
● Facilitate team meetings and inspire a feeling of connection among staff.
● Work cooperatively with MJCBY on day-to-day operations
including building maintenance, safety and security. Supervise
custodial staff during preschool hours.
● Collaborate with staff to identify student needs and provide resources for family
support as needed.
● Partner with the Rabbi and Cantor to infuse Jewish values, holidays, and cultural
experiences into the program;
● Demonstrate a willingness to participate in continued professional development and
keep up to date on early childhood research and trends;
● Promote a positive work environment via team development opportunities and
● Ensure successful enrollment through prospective family interactions including tours
with families articulating MJCBY values and educational excellence with honesty and
● Connect with parents and families in a friendly and approachable manner.
● Develop trusting relationships with parents and families.
● Work with synagogue lay leaders and staff to develop annual budget;
● Establish, manage, and meet the financial goals of the school in terms of student
enrollment, tuition revenue, payroll, budget and business operations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
● Has strong leadership abilities
● Cares deeply for the educational growth of students
● Is passionate about the values and rituals of Judaism
● Can work collaboratively and as part of a team.
● Has excellent verbal, written communication and computer skills
● Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
● At least 3 years of teaching experience in a preschool.
● Minimum of 2 years of management experience (preferably in early childhood
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes vacation, sick days and synagogue membership. You will be part of our community as a member of our senior staff. Start date mid June. Please submit a detailed resume to email@example.com.
Please submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.