Memory Center Activity Leader
JCC MetroWest in West Orange, New Jersey is opening a Center for Seniors with moderate memory impairment and is seeking a part-time Memory Center Activity Leader, who will report to the Memory Center Director. The Activity Leader is a primary member of the activity team.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions of the Job:
- Work with Director on the overall vision and planning of the program.
- Follow assignments or instructions as outlined by the Director.
- Ability to create group activities.
- Provide one-on-one activities if needed based on the interests and ability of the participant.
- Lead activities to stimulate socialization and communication.
- Engage with new participants to determine interests.
- Form relationships with family and caregivers to better understand the participant.
- Assist in setting up, serving and cleaning up meals. Assist with morning set-up (snacks, morning and afternoon activity supplies).
- Ensure that participant’s personal care is maintained after meals.
- Provide supervision of participants to ensure their safety.
- Report all incidents/accidents and changes in client’s behavior to the Director
- Perform other related duties and activities as assigned.
- Team Player
- Able to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with older adults with moderate memory impairment
- Therapeutic Recreation or related field a plus
- Knowledge of technology, including Microsoft Word and Outlook
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: Miriam Becker at email@example.com