Job Title: JHub Connector
Department: Community Outreach
Reports to: Director, Empowerment for Families with Young Children
Part Time: 15 hours a week for 6 – 12-months– flexible hours
As part of a 3-year initiative, several JHub Connectors are sought to develop and execute a comprehensive hyper-local outreach and engagement plan to build networks of interfaith and/or LGBTQ families with children 6 years old and under in South Orange/Maplewood and Montclair and the surrounding areas. JHub Connectors will create opportunities for meaningful Jewish experiences in public spaces, within homes and the larger Jewish community. Building upon existing relationships and synergies through Jewish Federation programs of PJ Library, NextDor, and Center for Volunteerism programs will also be possible. Training will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Connect and empower local families who identify as LGBTQ or interfaith to develop authentic relationships with each other using Judaism as a foundation where possible
- Plan, execute and evaluate local home and community-based experiences, programs and events for families
- Collaborate with local synagogues and Jewish organizations to plan events and experiences
- Disseminate information and resources related to the local Jewish communities of SOMA or the Montclair area
- Track and report all JHub Connector activity
- Utilize social media and other marketing platforms to publicize JHub activity
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Reside in either South Orange, Maplewood or the Montclair area (Cedar Grove, Verona, Bloomfield, Caldwell, Glen Ridge)
- Maintain a deep connection and / or familiarity with Jewish life and LGBTQ and interfaith communities
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to create community change.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Scheduling flexibility to adapt to needs of families
- Strong social media presence
Send resume and cover letter to: HR@jfedgmw.org. Reference JHub.