Candidates should have experience and demonstrate a passion for education. Qualified candidates will be masterful educators, adept at teaching Hebrew as a 2nd language, who exhibit a deep knowledge of Hebrew language and culture, have facility in differentiating instruction, and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manages an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning and the development of the whole child.
- Design guidelines to promote differentiated instruction in the classroom.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of each student’s academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Plans, documents, and carries out daily lessons.
- Teaches curriculum based on GOA standards.
- Recognizes the needs of individual students and the entire group and offers support and flexibility as needed.
- Establishes consistent and logical limits, expectations, and classroom routines for students.
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom in a clean and organized fashion.
- Handles stressful situations with patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Fosters a cooperative partnership with families.
- Facilitates parent-teacher conferences
- Works as part of a team of educators and administrators to carry out the goals of the School:
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to in-service activities and faculty meetings.
- Participates in the development of curriculum, and assesses its effectiveness in the classroom.
- Collaborates with colleagues to share experience and knowledge.
- Continuous professional development: seeks out and attends workshops, seminars, and courses relating to their field of expertise and teaching.
- Follows policies and standards established by GOA.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and a native or near-native level of fluency in Hebrew.
- Prior experience in teaching Hebrew language preferred
- 2+ years of teaching experience preferred
- Holds teaching certification or working towards certification preferred, but not required
- Experience in recognized standards of language instruction
- Ability and willingness to work with students in various group settings, using multiple teaching methods
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; Masters degree preferred
- Good classroom management skills
- Commitment to meaningful collaboration with colleagues
- Interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.