Job Title: Global Connections Associate
Department: Global Connections
Reports to: Director of Global Connections
The Global Connections Department creates and fosters connections between Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ, Israel, and the Jewish Diaspora through community engagement programs and connecting people in both GMW and Israel.
The Global Connections Associate is part of the team that develops and implements Federation’s Israel and Overseas work, such as programs that connect delegations of Israelis and Americans (Living Bridge programs), allocation of dollars to programs, fostering lay volunteer relationships and relaying the Federation story to the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain connection and develop relationship with Living Bridge participants throughout the year.
- Work in partnership with the Campaign and Community Outreach departments to integrate program participants into Federation
- Manage the marketing, recruitment, interviewing and selection process of Living Bridge delegation participants and host families in New Jersey
- Design, manage and lead, in partnership with our Federation colleagues in GMW and Israel, Israeli delegations visiting the Greater MetroWest community as well GMW delegations visiting Israel, with an eye towards Jewish educational content that is relevant for each group
- Active participation in appropriate Greater MetroWest events, programs, and lay leader committee meetings
- Work closely with Greater MetroWest Israel office and Jewish Agency
- Work with Federation’s professionals to raise Israel and Overseas’ profile both internally and in the GMW community
- Significant experience building partnerships and relationships around a shared vison and mutual respect
- Strong personal presence that educates, motivates and inspires collaboration
- Understanding of the diaspora Jewish community and Israel
- Ability to work occasional evening hours and travel throughout Israel and Overseas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative skills and proactive approach
- Experience forming and managing lay and professional committees
Send resume and cover letter to: HR@jfedgmw.org. Reference Global Connection Associate.