Director Teen Initiatives
Job Title: Director Teen Initiatives
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Director of Jewish Educational Initiatives
The Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ is committed to enhancing the Jewish engagement of our teen population. We believe that:
- Synagogues, religious schools, JCCs, day schools and other institutions and organizations are critical partners in the development of an educated and engaged teen population.
- The geographic spread (5 counties, 155,000 people living in Jewish household) in the community presents a significant opportunity to make impact.
- It is imperative to demonstrate “value added” to both individual constituents and organizations.
As such, the Director of Teen Initiatives will design and implement a bold vision that seeks to position Federation as a convener and provider of teen educational services to both the teens and parents themselves as well as key organizational partners that increase their capacity to do good work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing relationships with “front-line” Jewish teen educators in the community that positions Federation as educational convener and the Director as the facilitator.
- Convening of affinity groups of teen professionals who work in a variety of educational spaces thereby enabling them to share best practices and develop a Community of Practice.
- Managing programs, trainings, and exchanges, working alongside outside experts, with the goal of strengthening teen programming capacity and excellence.
- Developing a communication strategy for teen educators and other community partners.
- Serving as the lead staff to a Federation volunteer committee focusing on teen engagement.
- Developing and implementing a strategy to further the engagement of parents of teen program participants as well as alumni.
- Alongside organizational partners, creating and implementing a community-wide strategy for connecting teens who are not currently involved with Jewish organizations.
- Convening and coordinating a cross-organizational team of teen program professionals.
- Creating and implementing a teen program community-wide grant making initiative that will enable Federation to enhance and elevate the teen efforts of other organizations, thereby increasing both scope and impact.
- Execute the Destination Jewish Service-Learning Program
- Supervise the Jewish Service-Learning Associate
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred. Areas of discipline: Education, Jewish education, or Jewish Communal Service.
- Minimum of five years of experience in leadership roles at Jewish educational institutions.
- Futuristic thinker and self-starter who will continuously create the next level of achievement and will be part of a team that is committed to excellence.
- A wide degree of creativity, organizational curiosity and independent judgment is expected.
- Demonstrate a commitment to collaboration, community-mindedness and accountability.
- Experience working with operational and strategic plans, goal setting and hitting milestones.
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience working with teens is a plus.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the synagogue space, Greater MetroWest community and/or National Jewish community is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, data bases and social media.
- Work some evenings and weekends.
Please send resume and cover to email@example.com, reference Teen Initiatives
Please send resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org, reference Teen Initiatives.