WANT TO BE THE FEARLESS LEADER OF ONE OF THE FEDERATION’S FASTEST-GROWING DEPARTMENT?
Was that a yes? Greater MetroWest, NJ is looking to become the most exciting young adult program in the country. We’re looking for a Director who is ready to help us to continue to create and innovate: Someone who can work with a team of incredible professionals. If that’s you, then apply today!!
The Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ is advancing its successful paradigm in young adult outreach and engagement. In order to reverse a trend of young adult disengagement, NextDor (formerly Young Leadership Division) has been repositioned in Federation as a critical strategy in our desire to serve as an engager and convener.
NextDor is one key function of Federation’s Community Engagement Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for outreach, engagement, and leadership development of NextDor including one-on-one relationship building, event planning and management, exploration of key markets and constituencies and the establishment of key community partners.
- Manage the budget and a team of professionals (one associate to be hired)
- Establish and build a lay leadership structure including NextDor Co-Chairs and Campaign Chairs.
- Establish and manage a volunteer structure that furthers the goals of the department (i.e.: service and volunteerism, young families, business networking etc.)
- Develop strategies around leadership development, Federation education and leadership succession for this cohort as well as serve as a key thought partner and recruiter in national young leadership programs and strategies (NYL Cabinet)
- Alongside a team of lay leaders, develop and implement a strategy for the NextDor campaign including the development and execution of fundraising models that maximize the number of people contributing to the Federation's UJA Annual Campaign.
- Plan and lead mission(s) that connect young donors with the Federation's overseas work and connect them back to Greater MetroWest, NJ.
- Understand and meet the needs of lay leaders, the young adult community and the Greater MetroWest community.
- Work collaboratively with other departments of the Federation (campaign—including Women’s Philanthropy, Jewish Community Foundation, Impact, etc.) as well as other Community Engagement programs (PJ Library, synagogues, etc.)
REQUIREMENT SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Areas of discipline: Jewish communal professional, public policy, and management
- Minimum of five years of experience in leadership roles at Jewish communal institutions
- Charismatic individual that will draw and engage young adults
- Futuristic thinker and executor who will continuously create the next level of achievement
- Driven and determined leader who creates momentum and positive energy
- Mirror the Federation’s values of: be a mensch, have integrity, be collaborative, community-minded, passionate, resourceful and accountable
- Prior successes working in the young adult space is a plus
- Experience working with strategic plans and goal setting
- Fundraising experience is required
- Prior supervisory experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity with and understanding of the Greater MetroWest community and/or National Jewish community is a plus
- Work some evenings and weekends
*NextDor is our name for NextGeneration (Dor is Generation in Hebrew)—it references our 25-45-year-old constituency.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@jfedgmw.org – reference NextDor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required.