Job Title: Development Officer
Reports to: VP, Development
As a key member of the Campaign team, the Development Officer will develop and execute a comprehensive and diversified development plan that encompasses annual fundraising, including supplemental and corporate giving, and a focus on developing new Affinity programs. The Development Officer will focus on development and identification of donors currently giving between $1000 - $9999 to secure new major donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with professional and lay leadership, produce programs, events, networking opportunities, and continuing education that provide value to group members, and communicate Federation’s missions and achievements.
- Create new professional and affinity programming or groups when appropriate based on data and identifiable community needs and goals.
- Design and implement a development plan that reflects the philanthropic goals of Federation and includes cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, donor relationship management and donor recognition across all giving levels, with a special emphasis on major donors and prospective donors.
- Enhance strategies and develop new ones to increase active donor base, elevating gift levels of current donors to the annual campaign.
- Work with Jewish Community Foundation team to identify and cultivate donors who have an interest in making a planned gift or opening a donor advised fund.
- Develop donor cultivation plans for integrated asks where appropriate.
- Turn relationships into corporate giving opportunities for businesses to receive promotions at Federation events.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department in producing all written and collateral materials related to the development plan.
- Partner with Impact and Assessment to develop a success equation that will measure need, interest and success.
- Engage with other senior development professionals across the philanthropic sector to learn about, assess and adopt best practices in financial resource and donor development.
- Enhance visibility of Federation in the community, through development of strong relationships with senior leaders and executives in community agencies, synagogues, and other constituent groups of Federation.
- Represent Federation at key community events.
- Five+ years of proven success in cultivation and solicitation in a not for profit environment, especially with the growth of individual gifts.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with fundraising staff, volunteer leaders and volunteer cultivators/solicitors.
- Understanding of or experience in the Federation system would be useful but is not essential.
- Knowledge of the Greater MetroWest community and the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for master’s degree in business, or related field.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover to email@example.com