Due to the retirement of our longtime administrator, Congregation B’nai Jeshurun (TBJ) a thriving synagogue, seeks an experienced and personable professional to provide high-level support in meeting the needs of the clergy team in all aspects of their work at TBJ. This role provides support to the Clergy team, focused on facilitating a healthy and responsive connection between the Clergy and the congregants
The position requires dependability, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and proactively, all with a degree of professionalism and confidentiality. The successful candidate will possess keen attention to detail; follow-through, and dependability; demonstrated experience with schedule management and organizational systems; and an appreciation for the diverse roles that a synagogue plays in a Jewish community.
• Supporting the Clergy in meeting their administrative needs, including responding to urgent and emergent issues, maintaining the Clergy’s calendars, scheduling appointments, effectively facilitating all correspondence, and providing discretionary fund support.
• Providing administrative assistance for lifecycle events and holidays/religious services
• Managing the pastoral process to ensure that clergy are informed of all pastoral situations.
• Supporting the clergy with their events and programs including, preparation/communication for yearly Israel trips, material creation, managing accounting processes (i.e. program invoices, reimbursement forms, expense reports etc.) and communicating set up needs
Qualifications and Skills:
• Exemplary written and verbal skills
• Agility with computer and online skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to interact positively with members of the staff, synagogue community, and others
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems/situations demonstrating sound judgment and common sense, with the humility of knowing when to ask questions
Desired but not necessary:
• Knowledge of synagogue life, Judaism, and Jewish holiday cycles
• Knowledge of development activities including donor cultivation and stewardship
• Bachelor’s degree. 5 years equivalent work experience preferred
Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, Disability, 401K and 4 weeks-vacation
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.
Marc Rothstein, Executive Director