Centennial Events Director
Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest will celebrate its 100th year in December 2023. In recognition of this milestone event, a series of community celebrations are being planned that will pay tribute to the past, acknowledge the present and plant seeds for the future. We are currently seeking a director who will drive the process that will develop and execute these events. The Director will report to the Federation’s Chief Community Engagement Officer and will be a member of a multitude of cross-functional organizational teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside the Centennial Chair and Community Engagement Vice Chairs to develop and execute a framework and calendar for large-scale community events as well as smaller programs and initiatives embedded within Federation, partner agencies and synagogues.
- Upon the development of the calendar, work in partnership with the internal Federation departments to implement various initiatives.
- Alongside Centennial and Federation-function area lay leadership, develop a strategy for recruitment and community outreach as well as measurable goals and outcome.
- Manage the budgets for all the local events.
- Outreach to and develop relationships with agency and synagogue representatives to collaborate on Centennial event initiatives.
- Serve as the lead professional on all the event coordination and execution.
- Coordinate with the Centennial Communications team on marketing and messaging.
REQUIREMENT SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in event planning, non-profit event planning experience a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize and navigate complex organizations.
- Relationship building and consensus building skills are necessary.
- Driven and determined leader who creates momentum and positive energy.
- Mirror the Federation’s values integrity, collaboration, passion, resourcefulness, and accountability.
- Experience working with strategic plans and goal setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills.
- Familiarity with and understanding of the Greater MetroWest community.
- Work some evenings and weekends.
Please send resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org