Asst Finance Manager
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a part time Finance Assistant for our Conservative temple in Livingston, NJ. Lots f flexibility with hours and days. This role, reports to the Finance Manager, requires strong skills in accounts payable and accounts receivable. Additionally the position requires exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact with various stakeholders including the Executive Director, temple treasurer, committee chairs, and our diverse community of 600+ member families. This is a great opportunity for someone with some accounting/finance experience who wants to learn skills to go to the next level in their career.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Accounts Payable including maintenance of vendor records. Ensure that all invoices and disbursements are properly documented and approved
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable utilizing ShulCloud (experience wit Shul Cloud not required) software to include billing of membership dues, school tuition and programs, various campaign pledges, fundraising and programming events.
- Maintain cash sheet, verify credit card transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- General Ledger maintenance as required by Finance Manager.
- Under the direction of the Finance Manager, prepare and send monthly billing statements, email payment reminders, and collection letters for membership dues, tuitions, and other charges.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- General accounting experience
- Ability to handle front facing client/member inquiries in a professional manner.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and accountability.
- Knowledge of general ledger.
- Ability to navigate Excel effectively.
- Ability to learn proprietary software (ShulCloud).
This is a mostly sedentary position. Physical navigation from the office to the window for in-person interactions is required. Effective and clear communication in English is essential. Hours will be flexible.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: Brian Fern at firstname.lastname@example.org