Congregation Agudath Israel is an egalitarian, Conservative congregation of 800 families in Caldwell, New Jersey. We seek to enable our diverse and multi-generational membership to experience Judaism in ways that have personal meaning while promoting Jewish values in each phase of their lives. We have an active Early Childhood Center and a Religious School with over 200 students. Our community is led by a team of exceptional clergy, dedicated professional staff, and engaged lay leadership who focus on creating an environment in which our members consider Congregation Agudath Israel to be “a second home.”
The Administrative Assistant is expected to embody the warm and welcoming culture of Congregation Agudath Israel in their frequent interactions with staff and congregants and will help us ensure congregants have easy access to caring and knowledgeable resources.
$40-$50K depending on experience.
The Administrative Assistant will serve as first point of contact to all congregants, vendors, and visitors and will support the needs of the Main Office.
Warm, welcoming, and collaborative work environment,
Full time on-site position with Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-3pm.
Off-hours availability when needed, eligible for overtime pay.
• Create a welcoming environment as the first point of contact for all visitors.
• Communicate with congregants across all platforms to answer general questions and direct inquiries to other staff and clergy members as needed.
• Work to develop positive relationships with congregants.
• Open and distribute all incoming mail, email and voicemail. Process outgoing mail.
• Organize and maintain electronic database and update ShulCloud accounts.
• Support the administrative needs of the Main Office.
• Oversee and coordinate mailings, such as gift and tribute acknowledgments, and other correspondence with the community.
• Prepare and send out weekly online “eblast” updates to members.
• Maintain supplies inventory for the office, kitchen, and building.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Experience working in an administrative capacity with multiple and competing deadlines and projects with quick turnaround times
• Friendly and professional demeaner with strong customer service mindset
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Proficiency with online data management systems (MS Office Suite and MS Teams) a must; able to pull up/assess data quickly
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing demands and expectations, and open to new things and to working outside of the job description
Submit Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org