Administrative Assistant, Jewish Community Foundation
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Jewish Community Foundation
Department: Jewish Community Foundation
Reports to: Grotta Director, Ness Director, JWF Director, Legal Counsel and the JCF team
Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Jewish Community Foundation. Pleasant self-starter with a broad range of skills will interface with all departments, and levels of personnel in Federation, volunteer leadership, and donors who call. Capable of working independently with the ability to establish procedures to monitor own job activities and regulate tasks. Must possess the ability to adapt to change in priorities during the business day and handle multiple assignments. Professional demeanor, dependability, confidentiality and flexibility are attributes in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor as well as make appointments for the various JCF that you support
- Coordinate meetings with participants. Calendar the date, time and place as well reserve meeting room if required. Monitor responses and/or perform follow up if necessary. Coordinate meeting materials including any needed documents, visual aids and arrange for refreshments when necessary.
Grants- the Grotta Fund, the Ness Fund and the Jewish Women’s Foundation are all grantmaking part of the Jewish Community Work in grant making software, updating applications, invitations, keeping track of grant payments, trouble shooting with various staff and grantees, check requests, etc.
- Jewish Women’s Foundation Membership – Annual membership billing and renewals
- Ackowledgement letters and tribute letters for the finance department
- Manage communication and correspondence on behalf of the JCF staff
- Open all in incoming mail, sort, scan and send/email to the proper reciepients
- This also includes emails, phone calls and written correspondence
- Filing and Database
- Filing as needed and maintained on a regular basis. Diligence in transferring and purging inactive files
- Maintaining donor database as needed
REQUIREMENT SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficieny in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Foundant grantmaking software (training will be provided)
- BBEC database (training will be provided)
- Excellent telephone manners and good command of the English language
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Capable of working independently with the ability to establish procedures to monitor own job activities and regulate tasks.
- Financial acumen a plus
- Diligent follow up
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to HR@jfedgmw.org.